Low Latency C++ Developer
New York City
We are currently working with a top tier Hedge fund. The client is looking for a talented C++ Low Latency Linux/ Windows developer to join their team.
While financial experience is not required, a solid Computer Science background is. The cliebt is building a OMS execution platform. This is a comprehensive and new system being built by a small team (around 10 -12 people).
- Strong experience in low latency C++ development
- Knowledge of algorithms and trading infrastructure
- An understand of low level design or Linux is a plus
$150,000-$300,000 + bonus
Development, developer, C++, Linux, high-frequency, proprietary trading, hedge fund, startup, low latency, infrastructure, quant, quantitative, multi-threading, data structure
Consultant | Entry Level Sales & Business Development
Are you looking to fast track your career?
Do you want to be earning £200k+ in 3 years’ time?
Want to relocate throughout your job to NYC, London, Sydney or Los Angeles?
GQR Global Markets is a high-end international talent acquisition firm with a focus on direct placement of senior candidates at the world’s top Hedge Funds, Private Equity firms, bulge bracket Investment Banks, Oil & Gas supermajors and the world’s most promising startups. Since our founding in London in 2009, we have rapidly expanded to Santa Monica, New York and Sydney. Due to a record breaking 2015 across all our offices we are looking to expand our teams globally, and by January 2018 we aim to launch offices in Hong Kong, San Francisco, Texas, Chicago and Brazil.
GQR has an exceptional platform for you to become a highly successful, international Recruitment Consultant. With an industry leading training program and ongoing support you will be on target to exceed £50,000 in your first year. The top 20% of our company does £200,000 in commission plus base salary and they are between the ages of 24 and 30. Graduates joining the team now will be fast tracked through our management program with the view to take Directorship positions within 3-5 years across our international offices.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Outbound calls to clients and candidates
- Maintaining relationships and networking
- Sourcing best talent
- Closing deals
- Managing both the client and the candidate throughout the recruitment process
The ideal candidate:
- Sales experience is essential i.e coldcalling or working with comission
- Proven record of success (academics, sport, targets, sales)
- Degree educated
- Ambitious, competitive and money motivated
- Confident communicator and natural leadership skills
- Personality that thrives in a fast paced, target driven environment
- Competitive base salaries
- Uncapped market leading commission with exceptional earning potential (first year salary record totaling £196,033)
- Exciting and rare fast-track career trajectory (Associate to Direction within 5 years)
- Personalized incentives based on targets set by individuals and their managers
- Mentorship from industry experts
- Intensive training program provided by our Managing Director
- International prospects, including relocation to LA, London, NYC, Sydney with a 100% visa success rate and jet set trips where employees are given £1,500 to visit an office of their choice
- Outstanding culture including trips to Las Vegas, Ibiza, Miami, Budapest & the Caribbean
If you want to be highly successful on an international platform with unparalleled earning potential please send a CV with a reason why this position interests you.
Senior Tax Accountant
My client is a global leading office Real Estate investment firm headquartered in downtown Los Angeles, CA. The business is growing rapidly and is on the market for a strong Senior Tax Accountant to join the team in LA. The Senior Tax Accountant will work directly with the VP of Tax on various compliance and tax planning issues. The ideal candidate will have mix of public and private experience with a minimum of 3 years of experience and a background in real estate.
- Prepare federal and state tax returns for real estate investments
- Preparation includes over 20 US federal and state returns, 70+ foreign disclosure returns, and over 6 domestic joint venture returns.
- Prepare quarterly FAS 109 (ASC 740).
- Prepare quarterly E&P tax projections.
- Assist the VP Tax and tax manager with international tax planning and domestic tax research
- Assist with ad-hoc projects including but not limited to drafting of tax policies and procedures, maintenance of tax files, and implementation of departmental goals and global initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA & MBT preferred
- 3+ years of partnership / corporate tax experience required; International tax experience, tax provision and research skills a plus.
- Public accounting experience desired
- Public company experience desired
- Familiarly with US GAAP practices
- Proficient in business related software: CCH Prosystem, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio.
Head of Tax / Tax Director
Head of Tax / Director of Tax – Real Estate Fund Manager
A rapidly growing real estate private equity firm in Chicago are on the market for a strong Director of Tax to head up the Tax team and report directly to the Chief Financial Officer. This is a newly position due to growth and the candidate will be involved in key decision-making responsibilities. The ideal candidate will have 8+ years of corporate / partnership tax experience in the real estate private equity arena and have a background in public accounting (mix of public / private accounting desired). On top of technical skills, the candidate must possess passion for the real estate industry and have the hunger to go above and beyond to succeed in this role.
- Serve as main point of contact to liaise with external auditors and tax professionals
- Perform in-depth research and analysis to recommend tax structures for potential joint ventures and business opportunities.
- Work closely with fund accounting team to review and ensure accurate loggings on tax entity ledgers
- Supervise preparation of work paper packages in support of tax return preparation processes
- Oversee preparation of partnership, fund-level and entity level tax schedules and returns
- Ad hoc responsibilities as assigned
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- CPA and Masters desired
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with real estate a must, REIT and Fund experience desired
Full Stack Developer - sponsored relocation to LA
Full Stack Developer – LA – Full Time
GQR Global Markets is an award winning executive search organization with worldwide offices. Recently named in the 2016 Inc. 500 fastest growing companies in the United States, we are an ambitious, growth focused company capable of offering exceptional career opportunities, including US Visa sponsorship for British Citizens.
GQR is seeking an internal mid-weight Full Stack developer in Los Angeles. The core focus of the role is splitting time across several web based projects to help grow them into their next iteration. This will largely consist of interpreting already existent Ruby applications and driving their next step in development. You will also assist in the development of our subsidiary’s MVPs that comprise exciting aspects of CS such as data mining and data science. This opportunity offers a large amount of autonomy and freedom with the goal of producing functioning, exciting products that help both the company and the industry as a whole. You'll be supported by our founders and CTO in a fun and competitive environment.
The ideal candidate will be a well rounded end to end web developer that is able to convert ideas into reality using imaginative and cutting edge programming techniques and infrastructure solutions; therefore your communication skills must be first class. You will be able to engage and contribute in a tangible, entrepreneurial way during the variety of software lifecycles you'll be working on, and in return we'll provide a platform that will let you explore and hone your abilities.
- Write elegant and clean code in HTML, CSS, JS (ideally React and node), and at least one traditional backend language such as Java
- Work in a variety of open source server environments, be it a basic LAMP stack, node.js with nginx or even jetty with nginx
- Develop key connectors for our CRM using their well supported REST API, in addition to building our own API layers
- Constantly forward thinking in methodology and application
- Consider TDD scenarios whilst coding
- Contribute to the construction and improvement of our web server infrastructure
- Rapidly fix bugs and operate with a "problem solving" mindset
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or similar, or equivalent, demonstrable experience
- 2 years minimum full stack experience with appropriate database experience using a relational technology, ideally Postgresql. NoSQL advantageous.
- Commercial experience of PHP, REST APIs and a content management system
- Experience with Version Control (git), Agile methodologies and PM tools (Taiga, Jira etc.)
- Experience working in multiple development environments and comfortability with bash, SSH, SSL and other relevant backend techniques/technologies.
Nice to haves
- Experience with the principles of data mining and pattern recognition
- Experience of the Recruitment/Staffing industry
- Exposure to general DevOps