Director of Finance - Real Estate Developer
GQR is looking for a strong Director of Finance on the behalf of a rapidly growing residential and commercial real estate investment firm based in Los Angeles, CA. This position will report directly to the company’s CFO and will be responsible for the business’ capital activities including financial planning & analysis and project financing.
- Organize capital planning activities with the acquisition, asset management and development teams.
- Source loans for real estate financing (acquisitions, bridges, construction etc)
- Serve as liaison to board and company lenders on all debt-related matters and on-going reporting.
- Responsible for coordination of the annual budgeting process for property assets, including but not limited to; working with Property Management, Development, Investments and Accounting to ensure budget data is consistent and accurate across all properties and budgets are completely in a timely and accurate manner that meet the needs of all stakeholders.
- Prepare investors reporting packages, including actual-to-budget and forecast-to-budget variance analysis and cash forecasting.
- Lead FP&A initiatives for the development of annual operating budgets for the Company and individual properties.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- 5-10 years of relevant experience – Real Estate experience required
- Experience working with lenders and banks desired
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Microsoft Excel.
Senior DevOps Engineer
We're looking for an energetic and charismatic Senior DevOps Engineer to take our client's production environment to the next level. This is an opportunity to join a leading agency broker dealer within the electronic trading space in Europe & the United States, currently going through a significant phase of growth due to outperforming all competition.
You'll be part of a team working ensure high quality continuous improvement in deployment, implementation and build processes. You'll be responsible for the operation of our clients test environments and provide input at an architectural level for technical teams to ensure they align with DevOps best practice.
To qualify, the candidate must be able to interact with development and QR staff to design and implement scalable and low latency solutions. The ideal candidate will have a solid Linux system administration background and be able to use his/her development skills in Perl, Python, Bash to expand on already mature Linux environment and to assist in writing and maintaining performance monitor and reporting tools.
Excellent Compensation, Benefits and Vacation Policy!
Desired Skills and Experience
To be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Minimum of 3 years' experience across the systems administration, development, and/or DevOps space
- Extensive programming and scripting skills. You will have a sound grasp on best practices, and want to automate tasks as much as possible!
- Experience working across cloud platforms including AWS (Highly preferred), Azure, Rackspace, or similar
- Experience with various configuration management and provisioning tools including; Puppet, Vagrant, Ansible, Chef, Salt, or Docker
- Experience across multiple platforms (Windows, Linux/Unix, CentOS, RHEL) is preferred, but not a must
- Ideally hands on experience with the middleware layer covering; web, application, and messaging servers
- Highly advantageous if you have experience across: deployment techniques (Canary Release, Blue/Green Deployment), Splunk, or Zenoss
REIT Accounting Manager
A rapidly growing REIT in LA are in the market for a motivated and entrprenurial Accounting Manager to assist the Corporate Controller in growing the business and back office.
The ideal candidate will have a mix of public/private accounting experience in the real estate field and have experience handling the management of accounting for investment partnerships, including monitoring of their investments, financial reporting and organizing, reviewing and managing the work of the accounting team.
***NON-LOCAL CANDIDATES ENCOURAGED TO APPLY**********
- Assist the Controller in the oversight responsibilities of the accounting department
- Perform accounting research
- Participate in the monthly partnership reporting
- Review and analysis of all investment operations
- Conduct quarterly financial reporting
- Partnership administration
- Assist with annual audits
- Review and analyze the calculation of fees
- Return calculations
- Assists with investor reporting
- Capital calls and distribution
- Prepare distribution package to be delivered to Joint Venture partners
- Calculation of fees
- Return calculations
- Partnership administration
- Assist with annual audits
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA highly preferred
- 6-10 years of accounting experience, including public accounting
- 1+ year of managerial experience preferred
- Must have real estate or REIT experience
- Working knowledge of JD Edwards preferred
What they offer:
- Presitgious Firm
- Strong Base + Bonus Potential and Benefits
- Exposure to investments and investors
- Work in dynamic and collaborative team environment with a family office feel
- Candidate’s input will be highly valued and taken into consideration when making decisions.
- Ideal for professionals seeking to grow with an exciting and established business.
Banking & Finance Paid Internship
Banking and Finance Project Coordinator
Paid internship with industry leading organization
20 hours a week
Exposure to the top people in your industry
We do not seek to be all things to all people; simply the very best within our field.
GQR is a specialist search advisory and talent acquisition firm, operating where talent is most highly valued and innovation most highly sought within the Banking & Finance, Technology, Energy & Engineering, and Life Sciences industries. We specialise in delivering rare and uncommon talent to the most challenging sectors. GQR works with intelligence, diligence, tenacity, and a relentless work ethic.
We focus on direct placement of senior candidates at the world’s top Hedge Funds, Private Equity firms, bulge bracket Investment Banks, Oil & Gas supermajors, and the world’s most promising startups. Since our founding in London in 2009, we have rapidly expanded to Los Angeles, New York, and Sydney.
- Work closely with managers to understand technical requirements of the roles and functions we recruit for, and how they fit into our clients’ organisations.
- Strategize different ways to build talent pipelines and execute on tactical research, referral generation, events and sourcing campaigns.
- Find, engage and activate passive candidates through the use of Boolean, LinkedIn and alternative search techniques.
- Screen resumes and interview candidates to determine fit.
- Maintain a strong pipeline to share with internal stakeholders.
What we are looking for:
- Ambition, drive, and entrepreneurial flair
- An exceptional work ethic
- An excellent communicator
- A personality that thrives on meritocracy and financial success
- An appetite to excel in a targeted and commercial environment
- A demonstrable interest in Business, Finance, Energy, Engineering, Technology, and Science
- Intellectual curiosity with the ability to digest and apply complex concepts
Interested in joining GQR Global Markets and becoming highly successful on an international platform with unparalleled earning potential? Send us your CV or resume along with some background about you and why this position is of interest to you.
My client is a top private equity firm in New York with $20 Billion in AUM. The firm is looking to recruit a Senior Tax Manager, a role that is designed to quickly evolve into the Vice President of Tax position.
The business is looking for a Big4-trained tax professional with a solid background in public accounting or a mix of public accounting and private (with a investment managment focus).
Responsibilites include but are not limited to:
- Secure compliance with all federal, state, local and foreign tax regulations while working to significantly reduce tax liability and maximize after tax profits.
- Coordinate with outside tax advisors to help in their preparation of 250+ partnership tax returns annually.
- Assist with tax research and planning for acquisitions, dispositions and reorganizations relating to foreign and domestic investments as well as firm operations.
- Help with the communication of tax information to Limited Partners and associates of the firm.
- Reply to tax notices.
- Work with the tax team to assist in tracking of all legal entities and upkeep of annual tax calendar.
- Work closely with Partnership Accounting group to ensure proper calculation of tax adjustments.
- Contact Limited Partners or their representatives regarding any tax issues.
- Ad-hoc projects.
- Work with Portfolio companies to guarantee compliance with withholding and reporting requirements.
What this opportunity offers:
- Position is tracked to quickly become VP of Tax.
- Competitve base salary with very high bonus potential.
- Entrepreneurial position in a massively expanding firm.
- Signifcant position in a leading Private Equity firm.