Functional BA (Business Objects)
Top Finance firm in Boston has an immediate need for a Functional Business Analyst for a contract - hire role to work within their Business Intelligence Team.
- Must posess strong fucntional skills yet also have a strong technical understanidng (this role is 70 % fucntional and 30% technical)
- Working knowledge of Business Objects
- Ability to query & run reports
- SQL skills
- Working with financial data (Income statements etc)
- Must have experience gathering requirments & translating them
- 4-6 years previous working experience as a BA
Business Intelligence Developer
Top consulting firm is looking for a BI developer to join their BI team for a 6 month project.
- Database design (logical and physical)
- Dimensional modeling and abstraction layer concepts
- Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services including the ability to develop ETL processes to load data warehouse applications.
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services including the ability to design and develop reports using SQL Server or Analysis Services data sources.
- SQL Server performance tuning, backup and recovery, and other administrative functions.
- Dashboard design with a working knowledge of Tableau
- OLAP technologies
- Thorough understanding of the application of the various modes of SSAS (Multi-Dimensional, Tabular and PowerPivot instances)
- PerformancePoint, Excel Services and Reporting Services components.
- Power BI tools; using Power Query, Power Pivot, Power View and Power Maps and their integration into Office 365 and SharePoint.
- Understanding of modern data warehousing and big data tools and architectures.
- MPP technology, architectures, services and appliances like, Microsoft Analytic Platform System, Hadoop, HBase and HDInsight a major plus.
- Preferred knowledge of Master Data Services (MDS) or an understanding of Master Data Management (MDM).
- Preferred knowledge of vendors besides Microsoft, like QlikView, Birst, Tibco Spotfire, Business Objects etc., in the business intelligence tools market and understanding of their capabilities.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
• Atleast 4 years experience with multiple BI platforms (Tableau, Cognos, Qlik)
Well known pharmaceutical client is looking for a Tableau developer to join their team for a 12 month project.
· Tableau server and data source administration, including upgrades, monitoring, troubleshooting, performance tuning, user management and change management
· Create and manage Tableau sites, projects and workbooks, groups, data views, data sources and data connections
· Establish Tableau security, back-up and restore process
· Maintenance and scheduling of Tableau Data Extracts using Tableau Server and the Tableau Command Utility
· Schema design & dimensional data modeling, utlizing datablending tools such as Alteryx
· Develop detailed system test plans, execute system test cases and provide issue tracking and consolidation
· Provide Tableau support to users
· Minimum of 5+ years’ experience as a Tableau developer/admin
· Expert knowledge of Tableau installation,configuration & administration
· Knowledge of Tableau maintenance, performance monitoring and tuning
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills; specifically the ability to communicate complex ideas and issues in a simple and straightforward manner to personnel at all levels of the organization
· Hands on experience with Alteryx
Business Intelligence Director
Top finacial firm in NYC is looking to hire a Business Intelligence Director to lead the team!
- Participate in strategic planning, development and implementation of Business Intelligence Solutions
- Interact with clients while designing data interfaces to ensure that database development needs are according to client specifications;
- Coordinate with clients, external data providers, and business team to ensure that business model is accurately represented and understood by all relevant parties;
- Communicate the overall data architecture to both technical and business stakeholders
- Develop data warehousing blueprints, evaluate hardware and software platforms, and integrate systems to ensure that integration is effective and meet client requirements;
- Actively participate in Agile/Scrum review and planning sessions;
- Estimate solution cost
- Ensure cost efficieny & effectivness while maintaining project deadlines
- 7+ years of experience Business Intelligence, Data Architecture & Analytics
- 5+ years of full lifecycle experiemce
- Experience with multiple BI tools (Tableau, Cognos, QlikView..)
- Proven track record of implementing complex data warehousing /data management solutions
- Financial Industry experience a plus
Workday HCM Business System Manager
The Workday HCM Business System Manager position requires strong business skills and would be responsible for reviewing, analyzing and occasionally modifying systems including installing, testing, configuring, troubleshooting and supporting current and future 3rd Party application systems.
- Consult with internal customers to identify current operating procedures and to clarify program objectives.
- Responsible for writing documentation to describe custom configuration of applications and operating procedures to liaison between internal customers, 3rd party application vendors and LTF MIS.
- Working knowledge of Workday HCM and be able to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Manage the team responsible for Workday HCM configuration and production support responsibilities.