Sustaining Engineering Manager
POSITION PURPOSE (What this position is responsible for accomplishing)
The Sustaining Engineering Manager (SEM) position is responsible for planning, coordinating, and guiding the activities of the manufacturing electronics engineering function and for seeing new or existing products through satisfactory production and/or repair and overhaul. The focus in this position is the ability to coordinate with other departments, outside organizations, customers, and suppliers, to assure that functional requirements are met on time, at the expected quality level and at the lowest costs. This includes working from engineering design documents, specifications, prototypes and/or change orders to determine equipment, tooling, materials and methods of manufacture to produce quality products within cost and specification guidelines. This also includes the ability to work troubleshoot, write and test firmware and software testing equipment. As a member of management team, SEM participates in developing company business plan and strategic decisions, in particular related to manufacturing, quality, Material Review Board (MRB), supplier chain evaluation, and customer/licensor technical relations. SEM supports process based leadership in the following key strategic initiatives: a) efficient and effective adoption process; b) streamlined and robust supply chain; c) customer/licensor satisfaction; d) cost saving initiatives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES FOR THIS JOB
- Be mentor, facilitator and educator to manufacturing engineering personnel to foster cross-training, creativity, teamwork and smooth process flow. Assist personnel with their developmental plans and provide support as needed to accomplish goals.
- Achieve cost saving goals with supporting data via manufacturing process improvements and supply chain development activities.
- Select and assist in recruiting technically qualified engineering personnel, as needed to support workload. Provide and organize training for the newly hired personnel.
- Develop budgets and forecasts to ensure proper support of the organization in meeting its goals and objectives as well as anticipated growth.
- Support activities of the Technical Team in new product capability evaluation, per AD-108 procedure.
- Support adoption process per AD-106 procedure, coordinate and assign engineering participation.
- Support cost estimating for fabricated products, per AD-110 procedure.
- Assist other departments in resolving technical problems, drawing and specification interpretation.
- Assist in identifying and evaluating suppliers for new or critical processes.
- Assist Customer Service and Sales in providing technical support to customers.
- Manage multiple activities and workload consistently with schedule and target dates.
- Support the PMA approval process with the FAA.
- Develop manufacturing planning for products, including BOM; improve/modify existing planning as needed.
- Modify design of current products to mitigate obsolescence issues, including modification of embedded firmware as needed.
- Design assembly/test tooling and shop aids, as needed.
- Troubleshoot, repair, modify, upgrade electronics test stands and test boxes.
- Ability to develop test Equipment including automated and software based (Labview and PC script based).
- Develop/modify technical manuals, issue Service Letters and Service Bulletins, as needed.
- Assist purchasing in resolving supplier’s technical problems, drawing and specification interpretation.
- Assist Customer Service and Sales in providing technical support to customers.
- Help trouble-shoot assembly/test related problems, as required.
- Understand and participate in Manufacturing/Production Engineering and development through concurrent (teaming) engineering process daily.
- Oversee production processes (including outside processing) with Quality, as required.
- Initiate and participate in the controlled document change process (ECR, ECN), as required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to participate in a team and highly diverse engineering environment.
- Ability to participate and contribute to several projects simultaneously.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.
PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENTS (What does the employee need to do to be successful?)
Timely and smooth implementation into production of new licensed products.
Achieve the following departmental metrics:
- Achieve cost saving targets with supporting data
- Timely completion of performance appraisals.
Provide process based leadership to engineering personnel.
Actively participate in analysis of and solution to technical problems, working with internal and external customers, licensors, and regulatory agencies.
Secure sufficient and qualified personnel for the department. Provide necessary training and leadership to meet objectives and workload.
Timely support of production, R&O, customers and suppliers.
Actively drive processes, and changes to those processes, which affect engineering department performance.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: 4 Year Degree in Electronic Engineering is required. (MS or MBA desirable)
- Min. 10 year experience, with min 3 years of supervisory position, in aerospace Electronic product design, manufacturing, planning, testing and fabrication.
- Experience in design of Electronic products that incorporate Software.
- Knowledge of Assembly language and high level software language such as C/C++.
- Knowledge of Microcontroller based Electronic products.
- Knowledge of Aerospace product qualification requirements and familiarity with FAA/Military certification requirements.
- Ability to mitigate electronic component obsolescence with associated impact studies and requalification test/analysis.
- Knowledge and experience in Test equipment design including Labview based automated equipment (and Labview software), standard measurement instruments such as Oscilloscope, DMMs, Spectrum analyzers, etc.
- Ability to provide technical support to customers, suppliers, and in house technicians.
- Trouble shooting ability to Component/system level for digital, analog and micro-processor based electronic products.
- Effective communication and ability to write clear, concise technical reports.
- Project management skills highly desired.
TCA Algo Quant Analyst - Hedge Fund
A multi-billion dollar buy-side is seeking a quantitative analyst to join their group to improve overall book performance through transaction cost analysis and algo execution research.
This is a unique position in a highly regarded US fund to conduct market microstructure analysis, TCA, algorithmic execution strategy design, and market impact modelling (pre & post trade) for portfolio managers.
The group is multi-start and PM's will be both fundamental and quantitative, so seek someone with strong quantitative skills and with similar previous experience in a prior Algo execution role.
This role is ideally suited for a sell side quant analyst wishing to make the switch to the buy-side who has the following
- 5+ years’ experience
- Expert TCA, market microstructure and execution algo experience (VWAP/TWAP)
- In depth knowledge of equities, in particular for APAC markets
- Excellent quantitative skills
- Strong programming and algo design & implementation
- Strong communication skills to work with multiple portfolio managers
CTA Quant Portfolio Manager
A highly regarded quant trading group is actively seeking a Senior Quant Portfolio Manager to build and lead a new futures trading business.
The person will be responsible for their own idea generation, research, back testing and trading of fully systematic CTA trading strategies focused on cross asset futures and FX. They will focus on short term trends, from days to 20 day holding periods.
The group have an excellent trading set-up, superb infrastructure, access to numerous data sources and exchange, as well as resources set aside to help set up.
- Quant CTA Futures research expertise
- Prior portfolio management experience
- Strong Programming
- Master or PhD educated
While a PM is preferred, given the internal setup, they will consider Senior Quant Researcher's with excellent portfolio construction abilities
Quant Equity Portfolio Manager
We are working with a specialist Quant Fund whom are actively seeking a Senior Quantitative Portfolio Manager to join its highly regarded alpha trading team.
The person will work in an independent manner, with full responsibility for idea generation, research, back testing and implementation of systematic trading strategies focus on cash equities alpha generation with holding periods of daily to 20 days max.
A strong track record is needed. This is ideally suited to a skilled quant PM that is looking to scale up his strategies, or wanting greater creative freedom and ability to own his own IP.
- Statistical Arbitrage and/or multi-factor trading experience across cash equities
- Track record of at least 1 year - trading experience minimum 5 years
- Strong Programming
- Master or PhD educated
Document Control Manager
The Document Control Supervisor is responsible for managing and coordinating all Document Control activities and personnel.
Document Control is responsible for receiving, safekeeping and storing, distribution, and management of engineering documents as outlined in AD-102 procedure.
The documents include electronic data stored in the SharePoint and OCE EDMS system that this position is responsible for. Emphasis is put on controlled documents, however, Document Control maintains other, non-controlled, technical documents as well. Responsibilities include direct contacts with the licensors to obtain complete, current and legible documents and request of missing documents.
An important part of Document Control activities is the document revision process, known as ECR/ECN, carried out according to authority granted under licensing agreement, and reporting these revisions to the proper addressees, agencies, and licensor.
Management, supervision, and motivation of Document Control personnel
- Execute Performance Appraisals, including goal setting and development planning
- Plan, manage and report on department forecast and budget activities
- Delegation, scheduling, and prioritization, of Document Control activities
- Coordination with Document Control customers ensuring their needs are met and balanced against Document Control resources
- Set and manage turnaround time goals and regular communication of status to Document Control customers regarding their requested activities
- Actively drive processes, and changes to those processes, which affect engineering department performance
- Active management and hands on involvement when needed of Document Control activities, including:
- Enter new licensed product technical data into VISUAL and OCE/SharePoint systems upon receipt.
- Maintain current and legible documents, request missing documents and update parts file daily.
- Perform engineering document revision process (ECR/ECN), including reporting, as required.
- Create drawing/specification packages
- Create BOMs
- Research documents for material and interpretation
- Maintain OCE EDMS system, hardware and software, to support internal customers and departmental activities.
- Maintain technical publications current and provide internal users with controlled copies.
- Training and cross-training of Document Control personnel to ensure adherence with procedures and eliminate single points of failure
- Provide status reports to Engineering Manager
- Continuously improve working environment by applying 5S principles and maintaining sound housekeeping practices.
- Lead process improvement projects relevant to document control
- Management and supervision of Document Control personnel
- Manage resources (employees, space, tools, instructions, training and materials) in order to support Document Control
- On-Time Delivery and Accuracy of Document Control tasks, to meet and exceed PBL metric requirements
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: High School Diploma; College degree or equivalent preferred
- Min. 4 yr experience in documents control of engineering aerospace company, with 2 yr in a supervisory position.
- Knowledge of AS9100 as applicable to the engineering documents.
- Familiarity with engineering documentation, such as drawings, specifications, bills of material and configuration management plans.
- Knowledge of industrial and aerospace standards.
- Knowledge of computerized EDMS and MRP (preferably Visual Mfg.)